Prof. Ronald C Denney & Co
Professor Ron D runs a private forensic science consultancy now, “but originally I led a major life in the academic field, I worked for 27 years as a lecturer, eventually principle lecturer and reader in organ analytical chemistry”. He left school at 16, but his love for chemistry led him to complete his A Levels and BSc during evening classes while he worked as a research assistant.
More information about Social and humanities scientists
The UK average salary is £28,758
There are 37.5 hours in the average working week
The UK workforce is 47% female and 53% male
- Studies society and the manner in which people behave and impact upon the world;
- Undertakes research across the humanities that furthers understanding of human culture and creativity;
- Traces the evolution of word and language forms, compares grammatical structures and analyses the relationships between ancient, parent and modern languages;
- Identifies, compiles and analyses economic, demographic, legal, political, social and other data to address research objectives;
- Administers questionnaires, carries out interviews, organises focus groups and implements other social research tools;
- Undertakes analyses of data, presents results of research to sponsors, the media and other interested organisations;
- Addresses conferences and publishes articles detailing the methodology and results of research undertaken.
From personal careers advice to finding work, see our round-up of
useful websites to help you on your way