Kirsten initially worked in the tourism industry both in the UK and abroad initially but then joined Standard Life on their Graduate Programme. Working overseas was great fun but she felt that it was a good move to go home and start to develop her career. She worked at hard at school but new she wanted to get somewhere in life and realised that working hard would help her get where she wanted to be in the future.
Check out 4 videos about this career
DescriptionFunctional managers and directors in this unit group perform a variety of senior management tasks in respect of other specialist functions or fields of activity in organisations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 113: Functional Managers and Directors.
QualificationsEntry standards will vary according to the specific function and requirements of the organisation concerned, as will options for training off- and on-the-job.
- Helps to formulate and implement local government policy and ensures legal and statutory provisions are observed;
- Organises local authority office work and resources, negotiates contracted out services;
- Plans, organises, coordinates and directs the resources of a special interest organisation;
- Formulates and directs the implementation of an organisation’s policies;
- Represents union, association or charity in consultation and negotiation with government, employees and other bodies;
- Stimulates public interest by providing publicity, giving lectures and interviews and organising appeals;
- Directs or undertakes the preparation, publication and dissemination of reports and other information pertaining to the organisation.
for this job
|Services to buildings||17973|
|Legal & accounting||8965|
|Head offices, etc||7771|
|Computer programming, etc||7768|
|Public admin. & defence||3857|
|Architectural & related||3626|