Vice President, Risk and Compliance
Bank of America
"It’s not like I grew up with this vision in mind of wanting to work for an international bank." Maame grew up without a father in Ghana, West Africa. She now works at Bank of America, helping ensure the bank operates effectively and fairly.
More information about Quality assurance and regulatory professionals
Check out 2 videos about this career
The UK average salary is £28,758
There are 37.5 hours in the average working week
The UK workforce is 47% female and 53% male
DescriptionJobholders in this unit group plan, organise, co-ordinate and direct the effective measurement monitoring and reporting on the qualitative and regulatory aspects of a specified tangible (industrial production) or non-tangible (service provision) output.
QualificationsEntry normally requires a degree or equivalent qualification with relevant experience. Off- and on-the-job training is available. NVQs/SVQs that encompass quality assurance elements are available up to Level 4.
- Develops and implements visual, physical, functional or other appropriate measures and tests of quality;
- Analyses and reports upon the results of quality control tests to ensure that production remains within specification;
- Considers the impact of legislation upon specification requirements;
- Examines current operating procedures to determine how quality may be improved;
- Examines operating procedures to ensure the process and the product meet regulatory standards and implements changes necessary to ensure compliance.