Tariq S is the Technical Director for Redstone. He says, "I work in the area of Redstone that looks after schools, and schools' IT. We design all of the ICT that's going into brand new schools or refurbished schools". He was discriminated against at school but says, "what you've got to do is focus on your goals and just carry on... make sure that you still apply yourself and make something of yourself".
Check out 5 videos about this career
DescriptionJob holders in this unit group plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the work and resources necessary to provide and operate information technology and telecommunications services within an organisation.
QualificationsThere are no pre-set entry requirements although candidates usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification together with substantial, relevant work experience. A variety of professional and postgraduate qualifications is available.
- Develops in consultation with other senior management the IT/telecommunications strategy of the organisation;
- Directs the implementation within the organisation of IT/telecommunications strategy, infrastructure, procurement, procedures and standards;
- Develops the periodic business plan and operational budget for IT/telecommunications to deliver agreed service levels;
- Considers the required IT/telecommunications staffing levels, oversees recruitment and appointment of staff and directs training policy;
- Prioritises and schedules major IT/telecommunications projects;
- Ensures that new technologies are researched and evaluated in the light of the organisation’s broad requirements.
for this job
|Computer programming, etc||39331|
|Head offices, etc||4241|
|Architectural & related||3264|
|Repair of goods||1784|
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- First job influence
- Personal influences
- Job location
- West Midlands
- East of England
- Enterprise types